Friday, May 13, 2011

Cook at least one new recipies per month.

So, I've been thinking that I need a better plan. Yesterday I was really tired and frustrated and a little sad. In general I've been cooking healthfully, but yesterday I wanted my green beans the way I grew up making them. A little bacon, sugar, and salt. . . delicious. I've been making them with just a little canola oil and they never taste quite right. I've had lots of healthy dishes at restaurants that I like. What I will do is get real recipies rather than reconfiguring the recipes that I have in my head. They will never taste quite right and so I will always feel like I am missing something. Linda made this fantastic spinach recipie that I simply loved. I will search for and cook at least two new recipies per month. This will mean buying different ingredients. When I really want food to taste cook, I add ham hocks, bacon, fat back, or butter. I think that if I actually use a healthier recipe, I will learn healthier ways of seasoning foods. There are probably all kinds of spices out there that could help out with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment