Friday, May 20, 2011

The Results

They tasted the dishes, and seemed to like them. You can see their comments in the youtube links below, if you'd like. They all liked the quinoa. Sophia and Lucas liked the Asparagus. Layla actually asked for more quinoa.

Of course, David has commented that the one bag of quinoa costs $6.00. He's funny how he'll buy a huge case of Oreos because they are on sale, but gawk about the price of healthy foods. The one thing I noticed is that I cooked three cups of quinoa and we still had half of it left. I usually cook four cups of rice and every single bit of it is gone at the end of supper. Maybe it filled them up more. I think we saved on two fronts - healthy food and portion control. I think we have choices about how we spend our money. He has an SUV that gets low gas mileage and costs $100 to fill up. We'll save money by having healthier kids. Besides, it's not like I want to eat that stuff all of the time. My hope is that as that as I teach my kids to cook, they will have healthy recipes in their heads as adults and cooking healthy meals will be second nature to them.
Family Comments
(goes to youtube)









Layla wants more quinoa
(goes to you tube)




































No comments:

Post a Comment