Friday, July 1, 2011

Exercising



Since Sophia was concerned about her weight, when I took Lucas to karate, rather than come home to start dinner, I took Layla's bike and Sophia's scooter. While he was working out, they rode around for about an hour and they seemed to have a really good time. Also, before I went to the gym this morning, I took her for a walk/run for 45 minutes the next morning. She doesn't run so much so she tires rather easily. She didn't like it, but at least she understands the importance.

We can do that during the summer because I don't have to worry about homework. We didn't end up getting back until 8:00 which meant we didn't finish eating until 8:30. David grilled cheeseburgers, but still it was a late night. The girls didn't end up going to bed until 9:30. That meant that I didn't get to sleep until about 11:30. A long night. I'm rarely spontaneous like that, but I guess every now and then it's okay.

I decided not to ask David to work out with Sophia. I think the diet changes are enough for him. He's doing well on that front and I don't want to rock the boat. Besides, guess what? He wants to get a bike! The girls like to go bike riding. That would be a cool family activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment