Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

I started my day with a spinning class. Later we went to see my mother-in-law, then we went to see the fireworks at the University of Maryland. I usually sit in my chair while I wait for the fireworks to begin. Raymond usually plays catch, and Sophia usually draws. This year, I brought a ball, and I played catch and keep away with Layla and Sophia. Just to keep them moving. It kept them moving. I like seeing them so active.

I made brown rice yesterday. Sophia only eats a very little bit of it. I think she's protesting. She got only one serving of ice cream. She seems to be handling it pretty well. Layla has gotten so much better at accepting my "no" when she asks for more. Layla's the kind of kid that will keep eating. It's pretty easy to distract her.

I've found that having fresh fruits for desserts is a winner. They all like pineapples and mangos. Today we had cantalope for dessert. I tried a new recipe with rhubarb the other day. The absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment