Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Making Changes

Sophia lost one pound. I think the most challenging thing for her is to just eat one serving. I'm glad she's thinking about what she eats and is making an effort to be more active. Yesterday she mentioned that she wanted to exercise with me. I'd left for the gym at 4:45 and I was gone when she woke up. I know they are very active at the camp she attends, but I guess she just wants to get a little extra exercise in. I hadn't slept well the night before, so I was exhausted by the time I got home. Today, I only did weights, so this evening I will try to go for a run with her. I still didn't sleep well and I'm tired already.

David has been going to the Farmer's Market every week. A couple of weeks ago he got ground beef and I made meatloaf with it. It didn't taste the same and it took a little bit of time to get used to it. I had leftovers yesterday, and I decided that I like it. I guess I never thought about the fact that the meat would have a different taste. Last week he got sausage there, too. Only Sophia and David liked it. I've never liked sausage, so I'm not the best person to comment on that. This past weekend, he bought mangos, corn, tomatoes, and ground beef. We had cheeseburgers last night. Again, they didn't taste the same. It's funny how we've all gotten used to the fat. I still liked it, it was just different. I had a mango for dessert yesterday. The kids had ice cream. Tonight we will have the tomaotes and corn and I'll serve the honey dew melon for dessert. Maybe I'll ask him to get a chicken next time. I wonder what it will taste like. He thought of going to the Farmer's Market on his own. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment